I'm on a roll folks! I realize this is my 4th (yes 4th!) post of the day, but all of my house work is done, my sweet baby is napping, and I have so many ideas and projects I've been wanting to share that I'm just going to keep on going until duty calls me elsewhere!
This is the only "before" picture of her room I could find! It was taken last May when we first moved in. As you can see, the room is empty and bare!
My goal was to decorate her room on a budget of $300. This INCLUDED having to buy the furniture, bedding, and accessories. ( I know *GASP GASP* but it CAN be done!) ;)
I had originally found a green and white floral sham and quilt that I was going to use in the room, but ended up returning it to the store when my mother-in-law gave me a roll (about 4 yards worth) of pink and white stripped fabric that she had left over from years ago when my sister-in-law was a little girl. It is sweet, soft, and feminine and least of all...free! ;)
We found a white bedspread at TJ Maxx for $20. I love using white. It is so versatile and neutral and makes it super easy to change the look later down the road. Using the pink and white stripe fabric, I made her a bedskirt and sham for the bed. I also made a cute little turtle throw pillow from scrap fabric from the sewing room.
The headboard was made using this tutorial I found on the BHG website. I plan on having her monogram added to the top, but haven't done so yet. The total cost for the headboard supplies was around $30.
Remember this tutorial that I shared earlier this month on how to turn your mini blinds into functional shades? Well I tried it out in Anna Cate's room and guess what?!? It IS easy to do, they DO work fabulously, and it turned out to be a SUPER INEXPENSIVE solution for the time being! On that project we spent a whopping $0 because the blinds were already up in her room and the fabric was free.
I recovered an existing lampshade that we already had in a pink and white polka dot fabric and her little rug we already had from the nursery in our old house. The little patch work quilt at the foot of her bed was something else I kept from her nursery.
The room still has a ways to go until it is finished. Now its time to focus on all of the fun little details. I need to decide on a paint color for the walls. I also have some fun ideas (thanks to the new Pottery Barn Kids catalog) for projects to add some accessories and artwork, but it is starting to all come together now that the basics have been taken care of!