Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Betting on a Boy

No, not really! :)  You would just think that is what we are having if you were to see the nursery right now.  

Everybody else seems to think this sweet little baby is going to be a boy, but I don't have any strong feelings either way.  At first, I strongly felt it was a boy, but now that I'm working on the nursery, I feel more like it is a girl (but maybe that is just because the nursery is BLUE!)  With Anna Cate we were both pretty convinced that she was a girl, so this next one will truly be a surprise either way.


I decided to just use a soft whitish blue paint "Sweet Slumber" that we had left over from painting a bathroom in our old house.  It matched the rocker and is very soft and soothing. Then, I found a  cute polka dotted sheet set at TJ Maxx for $30.  After MUCH deliberation, I decided that no, it doesn't look too "boyish" and the polka dots could work if this baby is a girl.  Right, right?? (At least this is what I'm telling myself!)   

I made a crib bumper slipcover for Anna Cate's old bumper from the flat sheet and Will's mom found the Pottery Barn curtains for me at the outlet on sale for $2.50!!!  


The dust ruffle is just a pair of curtain panels (blue & white stripe) that I made for AC's nursery that match the rocker.  I put them up this weekend because I ran out of time to sew something before a shower that I had at our house on Saturday and this at least helped to give it a more finished look.  However, I'm a perfectionist and it bothers me that the blues don't perfectly match! 

I've decided if the baby is a girl, I'll hang the letters of her name over the crib with white ribbon.  Maybe all of the bows will give it more of a girly look. :)  If it is a boy, I have several cute ideas (involving elephants, giraffes, and lions) for artwork that will hang over the crib.  

The room is FAR from being ready, but at least I'm making progress.

No comments: