Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Frugal Headboard Take 2

I had planned to post a picture and tutorial of a cute apron, but my camera battery died and I have no time to charge it and get a picture of the apron before my two little ones wake up from their nap, so instead I'll share a quick project I did this past weekend.  

Anna Cate destroyed the first headboard I made for her room several weeks ago during her nap time.  You know, the one I made from foam board?  I had to strip her room of all of toys because she plays with them when she is supposed to be napping.  Because she couldn't find a toy or book to play with, this particular afternoon she decided to see what else she could occupy her time with and decided on her headboard. When I went to get her up from her nap, it was bent over in half.  So much for that idea.

This past Friday afternoon I found this headboard at His House for $10.  I brought it home and with just a little sandpaper and two cans of white satin spray paint,  she now has a new headboard.  I actually like this one 100 times better and it was a fraction of the cost!  Now I'm on a hunt for a bedside table... 

Lesson learned:  Never make an upholstered headboard for a toddler's bedroom! 

Before:


After:


2 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Very nice! A coat of paint makes all the difference in the world.

Anonymous said...

They looking awesome!!!A coat of paint makes all the difference in the world....great idea...thanks for sharing...
--
Reenee
Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments